Welcome to my little corner of the internet. I'm so happy to have you here. Here is a little about me - I am a college student who has a passion for faith, hearing loss awareness, and promoting a healthy, well rounded lifestyle. I have been deaf since 8 years old and I am an advocate for hearing loss awareness. I am a daughter of God and feel His mercy and love everyday. I hope you check out my podcast, Hear and Now where you can listen to all things faith, hearing loss, and lifestyle!
Follow me on Instagram @sophialebano to keep up with my podcast news and get a glimpse into my life within those tiny squares!
Subscribe to the mailing list to get goodies in your mailbox and access to exclusive news!
- My birthday is 4 days before Christmas, hence my middle name Noelle! (I'm currently 19)
- I have progressive hearing loss. Well, the "progressive" part is over since I am fully deaf now! I lost all my natural hearing after two cochlear implant surgeries (that's expected with implant surgery). I can hear in my waking hours with those little devices on my head. Without them, I can't even hear a jet engine flying over me!
- Dancing is in my blood. I'm a former dancer, dancing professionally for 15 years, but I still love a spontaneous dance party in the kitchen!
- I'm a musician and creative - I've played the piano for as long as I can remember, and played the flute from 4th to 10th grade! I love to create - I wrote and designed an advent devotional with my mom in two months!
- I am currently double majoring in Philosophy and Theology!
- I write. a lot. I blog here, and I have a podcast called Hear and Now Podcast, where I cover all things faith, hearing loss, and lifestyle.
- I'm an Enneagram 3, hence the organization of this post
- I'm writing my first fiction novel about hearing loss. I'm super excited and nervous about it, because being a 3 I worry about people's perception of my work!
- I love food. Nachos with jalapeño cheese are the bomb. Enough said.
- I vacation in the south a lot, so sometimes I say y'all. But, I'm about as Philly as you can get, so sometimes I like to mix it up!... whoops!