Welcome to my little corner of the internet. I'm so happy to have you here. Here is a little about me - I am a college student who has a passion for faith, hearing loss awareness, and promoting a healthy, well rounded lifestyle. I have been deaf since 8 years old and I am an advocate for hearing loss awareness. I am a daughter of God and feel His mercy and love everyday. I hope you check out my podcast, Hear and Now where you can listen to all things faith, hearing loss, and lifestyle!
Follow me on Instagram @sophialebano to keep up with my podcast news and get a glimpse into my life within those tiny squares!
Subscribe to the mailing list to get goodies in your mailbox and access to exclusive news!
- My birthday is 4 days before Christmas, hence my middle name Noelle! (I'm currently 19)
- I have progressive hearing loss. Well, the "progressive" part is over since I am fully deaf now! I lost all my natural hearing after two cochlear implant surgeries. I can hear in my waking hours with those little devices on my head. Without them, I can't even hear a jet engine flying over me!
- Dancing is in my blood. I'm a former dancer, dancing professionally for 15 years, but I still love a spontaneous dance party in the kitchen!
- I'm a musician and creative - I've played the piano for as long as I can remember, and played the flute from 4th to 10th grade! I love to create - I wrote and designed an advent devotional with my mom in two months!
- I've been enrolled in 8 schools since Kindergarten. I left most of them because of the lack of accommodations and accessibility for my hearing loss. It's been a struggle I've dealt with for so long. I finally found a small classical school, from which I graduated, and I flourished there. Unfortunately, I had a scary situation (which I rarely talk about on the internet) in my senior year, but only through God am I healing!
- I left college after one week for the same reason. I'm taking the semester off now to heal from all that trauma, but in January I will be starting my dual degree online in Philosophy and Theology! Yay Plato and Socrates!
- I write. a lot. I blog over on my namesake, sophialebano.com, and I have a podcast called Hear and Now Podcast, where I cover all things faith, hearing loss, and lifestyle.
- I'm an Enneagram 3, hence the organization of this post
- I'm writing my first fiction novel about hearing loss. I'm super excited and nervous about it, because being a 3 I worry about people's perception of my work!
- I love food. Nachos with jalapeño cheese are the bomb. Enough said.