*** ftc disclaimer: this post is sponsored and contains affiliate links. at no extra cost to you, I will be given a percentage of your purchases. thank you for supporting me!
Hi everyone! Hope you are all doing well… I am in the middle of finals season (send prayers and also check out my podcast episode about finals season) but I still wanted to pop in and check in with y’all! I have a fun blog post today to share with you!
Today’s blog post is sponsored by Luminance Skin Care, a non-toxic, non-synthetic, cruelty-free and all natural skin care line! I have been using their products for a little over two weeks now, and I cannot stop raving about it! You know my love for natural health and wellness, which is what this blog post is going to be about – How to Live Naturally!
I am going to break down some areas where you can practice the ditch and switch… But first, a fun fact. Did you know that the average woman applies over 300 chemicals a day to her body just through soaps, makeup, shampoos and hair care products? 80 of those are applied before breakfast!
My family and I have always pursued a more natural lifestyle, but once we started realizing how many chemicals are in things you would not even imagine, we decided to ramp it up!
Here are some tips for how to live a natural lifestyle!
- Ditch and Switch! Go read the labels of all your products. If there are ingredients on there that you can’t pronounce, it’s time for them to hit the trash can. Here are some products that I ditched and switched to –
- Shampoo and Conditioner: I switched to using only non-toxic, natural ingredient hair products. Young Living Essential Oils has amazing natural hair care products that you can use. Luminance also has a fabulous shampoo! You can get it in an 8oz or 16oz bottle!
- Skin Care: It is so tempting to want to buy all the big name skincare brands that people promote. Don’t get me wrong, the products look so appealing and amazing, but in the long run, I want to use something that I know is genuine and healthy. Plus, I love supporting small businesses! So, long ago, I decided to stop buying skin care products from the store and switch to guaranteed natural products. That’s why I am so thankful for Luminance! In the short time that I have been using the products, my skin has never been better. It feels so clean, refreshed, and is glowing! Here are the products I have been using:
- Cleaning Products: This was a huge switch for my family. We went from using 10-15 products throughout the house to using just one versatile cleaner. This is the Thieves Household Cleaner from Young Living Essential Oils. If you only make one change in your household, let it be this! Thieves Household Cleaner combines naturally derived, plant-based ingredients and Thieves and Lemon essential oils. This cleaner can be used for virtually any surface in your home or office. This is the ONLY cleaner you need in your toxin-free home! Incredibly economical. It’s a concentrate, so it lasts a long time! Doesn’t streak glass, windows or mirrors – ONE cleaner does it all for more efficient cleaning. Safely cleans toilets, countertops, floors, glass, toys, high-chairs, car interiors etc. As if I haven’t said enough already, you need this cleaner! Click here for a graphic on checking out and getting rid of all the chemicals in your home. This link here will take you directly to Young Living’s site to purchase Thieves Cleaner.
- Use Essential Oils!
- In my family, we love essential oils. That’s why I was thankful when I found out that Luminance uses essential oils in their products. “We only use 100% pure essential oils for aesthetic purposes in our hand soaps, our shampoo, and our cleanser, because these are items that people like to have a light scent in.” We use oils for everything – for cleaning, for sleeping, for wellness, for diffusing, for hair care, and so much more! I can’t go anywhere without my oils (yes, I am a crazy oil lady…) but! now is the best time to use these bottles of liquid gold! Click here to learn more and here to sign up!
- Cook for Yourself!
- Now is the perfect time to start cooking for yourself! I’m not gonna lie, I love getting take out… But! It’s not always the most healthy alternative. My parents are darn good cooks and I am so thankful for that! Definitely check Pinterest for some beginner recipes. Another great resource is Jordan Page, who talks about Shelf Cooking!
- Get Enough Exercise!
- This is a given. You don’t have to exercise to get a great body. Exercising for the sake of health is much more important. This one doesn’t need much explanation. Get up and move your body for at least 30 minutes a day. It provides so many benefits, both seen and unseen.
- Switch your Makeup Products!
- Like I said with skincare, it’s so tempting to buy all the beautiful palettes and the newest mascara. The greatest switch I made was in the makeup products I use. I currently get all my makeup products from Savvy Minerals, a makeup line from Young Living. Savvy Minerals is a mineral based makeup line that is responsibly sourced, naturally derived, plant based, paraben free, phthalate free, hypoallergenic and formulated with pure essential oils. #win! Click here to check out Savvy Minerals.
Making changes to your current lifestyle can seem difficult and overwhelming in the beginning. Gradually switch out toxic products in your home. In the long run, it will be worth it for your family. Check out this article for more in-depth tips for naturally living.
Again, thank you so much to the sponsor of today’s blog post, Luminance Skincare! Go check out my Instagram posts (@sophialebano) and highlights to see my favorite products in action!
Thanks so much everyone! xoxo
Also! In celebration for the end of the semester, be on the lookout for a special giveaway with my mom!