I wanted to post a few fun facts about me that you might not know for a Friday introduction. I hope in the wake of the COVID-19 you are staying safe and healthy! Make sure you wash your hands! In the words of St. Padre Pio, “Pray, Hope, Don’t Worry (and wash your hands, too!)” (I got this quote from ModernCatholicMom!)
But, without further ado, here are some fun facts about me.
- My celebrity crush is Noah Centineo. Well, technically it’s Peter Kavinsky but since Noah plays him I like him too 😉 Basic, I know. I’ve seen To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before (1 and 2) four times each. Literally my favorite movies.
- Devil Wears Prada and When Life Gives You Lululemons tie for first for my favorite books.
- The Office and Friends also tie for my favorite tv show. I’ve seen entire series of The Office 4 times. Oops.
- I have progressive hearing loss. Well, the “progressive” part is over since I am fully deaf now! I lost all my natural hearing after two cochlear implant surgeries (that’s expected with implant surgery). I can hear in my waking hours with those little devices on my head. Without them, I can’t even hear a jet engine flying over me! See my podcast episode on Hearing Loss.
- Dancing is in my blood. I’m a former dancer, dancing full-time for 15 years, but I still love a spontaneous dance party in the kitchen! Thank you mom for always inspiring that fun loving spirit in me.
- I’ve played the piano for as long as I can remember, and played the flute from 4th to 10th grade! My favorite song to play on the piano is A Thousand Years, by Christina Perri.
- I am currently double-majoring in Philosophy and Theology! Theology is a huge part of my life. I’ve been raised in a faith-filled family since I was born (more to come on this in the future!)
- I love organizing and cleaning things. Like it’s so fun. I don’t know why I love it but I do.
- My favorite YouTuber is Danielle Carolan. Her videos are so motivating and inspiring!
- I’m writing my first fiction novel about hearing loss. I put it on hold in November during NaNoWriMo but plan on writing it again in April!
- I love food. Nachos with jalapeño cheese are the bomb. Enough said.
- Quinoa, couscous, and rice is my favorite lunch. So. freaking. good. I’m getting good at mastering flavors and spices.
- I vacation in the south a lot, so sometimes I say y’all. But, I’m about as Philly as you can get, so sometimes I like to mix it up!… whoops!
- I have two dogs, named Bonnie and Clyde. They are quite the unlikely duo.
- And finally, I love to be outside. It’s so calming to just sit and be.