Welcome back to another episode of Hear and Now Podcast. I’m so happy you joined us today. Make sure to check out all the links in the show notes below. Today’s episode is 7 tips on how to be courageous and confident.
Let’s just jump right in.
Let’s first talk about what courage and confidence are. The definition of courage is the quality of mind or spirit that enables a person to face difficulty, danger, pain, etc., without fear; bravery. Confidence is full trust; belief in the powers, trustworthiness, or reliability of a person or thing and the belief in oneself and one’s powers or abilities; self-confidence; self-reliance; assurance.
So keeping in mind those definitions, we can come up with 7 tips on how to be courageous and confident.
- Stop comparing yourself to others. I know this is easier said than done. I talked about this last week in my episode that once I realized that everyone’s story is different and that no one is going to have the same path as you, it changed my thinking. I’m no longer using social media to compare myself, even sub-consciously. Instead, I’m using it to share my voice and my story with the world.
- Courage is being afraid and doing it anyway. To be completely honest with you, in the last few years I’ve let fear win. I’ve let it tell me that I’m not able to do something and instead of acting against that voice I’ve given in. Our mind is so powerful. This brings me to my next point.
- Affirmations are game changing. I’ll admit this, sometimes I let my mindset win and not in a good way. There’s times where I will let the negative talk win and forget all the good things I should remember. Things like that was then, this is now. Or, I got through that before, so it doesn’t have to be so hard this time!
- Make things habits. Make courage and confidence a habit. Brene Brown says “Courage is a habit, a virtue. You get it by courageous acts. It’s like you learn to swim by swimming. You learn courage by couraging.” Know your place and values and practice conviction.
- Take a mental scan of your body. What do I mean by this? Every time we do something that is scary, our body has its own way of reacting physically. Maybe our heart starts beating or we get dizzy. Then put it into perspective. Maybe you’ve done harder things than this.
- Let’s talk about confidence for a second. Outward appearances are not everything, however, doing things to make you happy whether that is a makeover, dressing the part, pampering yourself, etc etc. Something about dressing confidently gives you an inward confidence.
- Finally, posture. I have bad posture. Which is ironic, because I spent 15 years of my life in dancing learning how to stand up straight. Standing tall, pulling your shoulders back, tilting your chin up and looking straight ahead is the best indicator of a confident person. Even if you feel terrible inside, an outward appearance of confidence almost always changes how we actually feel!
Being confident and courageous is something I definitely have to work at, but I hope that these tips were helpful. I’m going to leave you with a bible verse related to both topics we addressed today. “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” Philippians 4:13 and The LORD is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid? (Psalm 27:1)
I hope you guys have an amazing week and I’ll see yall next time!
It’s the 25th episode of Hear and Now Podcast! Thank you for joining me this week as I talk about Courage and Confidence.
Text sophialebano to 31996 or enter your email here to get your free 5x6x7 goals worksheet!
Contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click the link to check out Buzzsprout and get a $20 Amazon gift card for the purchase of any paid plan! https://www.buzzsprout.com/?referrer_id=449560