I’m in shock. How is it almost a new decade? Even though I was born in #Y2K, it feels like 20 years ago was like the 1990’s.
2020 is going to be an amazing year. I can just feel it! The last two decades have not been my friend, I’ll tell you that.
This was me 10 years ago:
I was constantly tired from having to work harder in school. I was also dancing pretty much every night of the week. But, I wouldn’t change it for the world! I thought those days were hard, but in some ways I wish I could do it all over again and really take in what God had in mind for me.
This was me on my high school graduation day:
One of the happiest days of my life! I still have no idea what God has in store for me. But I know now more than ever He is holding my hand
In these past two decades, I was diagnosed with progressive hearing loss. I moved schools 4 times before I graduated high school. I had two surgeries, resulting in permanent deafness (I was already losing almost all of my hearing). My grandfather and grand-aunt died. My other grandfather was diagnosed with cancer. My sister broke her jaw in a freak accident. I went through unasked for trauma in my senior year. I had to leave a college that was unsupportive.
My reason for bringing all this up is not to have a pity party (trust me). I was made stronger through each of these experiences, as hard as they were. I became resilient and learned to bounce back. I started my podcast and my blog in 2019 and I am ready to hit the ground running in the new year. I graduated high school. I started college. And will continue college online in January. I wrote over half of my novel in two months. I wrote my business plan for a new adventure in 2020.
I’m ready to reclaim my life. Not that it will happen overnight, but God is working within me. A new year is a new opportunity to begin again.
That being said, I wanted to share my ten New Year’s Resolutions!
1. I will strive to be more present
2. I will be my very best self in all areas of life.
3. I will do what is best for myself
4. I will strive to put more emphasis on my spiritual life and learn to listen to what God tells me to do.
5. I will surround myself with what makes me happy
6. I will put forth 110% on my podcast, blog, Instagram, business, school, and family
7. I will accept that it is okay to make mistakes and I don’t have to be perfect.
8. I won’t just dream, I will do.
9. I want to live my life and love myself the way God intended for me
10. I will trust that God will make all things NEW
My word for the year: NEW. God makes all things NEW through His power.
Dear 2019, thank you for all the lessons. 2020, Let’s do this.
So tell me – What is your #1 goal for the new year & new decade?
Cheering you on, friend. 20/20 vision in 2020 baby!